After teasing Star Wars fans on twitter yesterday, EA has unveiled plans for upcoming content for Star Wars Battlefront, from free maps to hero outfits, and additional information regarding the season pass.
Following the release of the Battle of Jakku DLC this past December, which added two new maps, and the Turning Point game mode, EA has outlined free content for all players through March. Players who have purchased the season pass haven't been forgotten, as EA and DICE has given the first set of details for the first three expansion packs.
- The Tatooine Survival map, Raider Camp, will support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains modes
- Luke Skywalker and Han Solo will wear their Empire Strikes Back outfits on Hoth
- The ability to create private matches
- Daily Challenges and Community Events.
- Overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes
- Additional Survival mission on Hoth
- New Hoth multiplayer map to support the larger game modes (Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point)
- Turning Point can be played on all existing Walker Assault and Supremacy maps
- Additional Tatooine Survival mission on Ender
- Ender multiplayer map to support the larger game modes (Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point)
Season Pass Information:
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.