With less than 2 weeks to go before gamers around the world will be playing the reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, Square Enix has announced the PC Specs as well as the enhanced features found in the PC version.
Working alongside Crystal Dynamics, Nixxes, who has worked with them for many games already, have been hard at work on the PC version of the game. The PC version of Tomb Raider will be highly optimized and taking advantage of the PC platform.
Enhancements found only in the PC version include:
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support, as well as gamepad support.
- High-end graphics
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
- Low-end graphics
- Compatible Windows XP.
- Scalability options that provide support for a range of machines.
The full list of PC minimum and recommended system requirements is listed below:
- Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT or nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+) or Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
- Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870 or nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565 or Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory