Omerta – City of Gangsters Trailer Showcases Combat
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.
There are two ways to learn how to become a successful 1920′s gangster: 1. Watch Boardwalk Empire or 2. You can watch the combat trailer for the upcoming multiplatform title, Omerta – City of Gangsters. I’ll take the option without Steve Buscemi. Take control of the Prohibition-era Atlantic City as you manage illicit businesses, go own raids and drive-by’s and bring the money of the town in your pockets.
Some of the key features of the tactical combat include:
- Destructible environment: take down those crates the opposition thinks they can hide behind!
- Dynamic fog of war forces you to be cautious as you explore the map.
- Weapons with various area effects do a wide swath of damage, but beware, they don’t discriminate between friend or foe.
- Combat status ailments – panic, bleeding, crippled, etc, all can slow down your friends and foes alike.
- Cunning AI opponents not only make use of environments, but also destroy your cover.