Activision and Bungie have spilled the beans on the content that will be introduced in Destiny’s Expansion I, which will be available for download on December 9th. The Dark Below (as Expansion I will be titled) will feature all-new weapons and gear to earn through story quests and missions, as well as a new Strike (two if you are on a PlayStation platform), a six-player Raid and new multiplayer maps.
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will feature the following:
- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)
If you have not already, the Expansion Pass for Destiny costs $34.99 and will feature The Dark Below and Expansion II (to be released in 2015). Otherwise The Dark Below can be purchased individually at $19.99.